Thanks for your answers!

I've started a page on the wiki
(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Understanding_how_fonts_work_in_ConTeXt)
devoted to ConTeXt fontology.  I will put there things I was able to
understand in ConTeXt's font mechanism.  (Please be patient-I cannot
devote more than about half an hour a day to this task...)  I'd be
thankful for correcting any mistakes I make there;).

--
Marcin Borkowski (http://mbork.faculty.fmcs.amu.edu.pl)

This program is written in Perl.  While stronger people find reading
Perl code character-building, it should not be shown to people in their
formative years.  The author will not accept any responsibility for any
moral grief caused.

            (The McKornik Jr. Public License)