On Saturday 14 June 2008 07:07:53 am Oliver Buerschaper wrote:

> Actually, I strongly disagree with the opinion that the only way to
> properly interact with TeX is via the command line.

The amount of interaction with TeX in any form is minimal. If it runs
to completion fine, if it stalls one can key "x" to abort or "q" to
continue with out further error messages

What I do is edit the TeX source file in Gvim. I assign F2 to
readjusting all the text in Gvim, F3 to running
pdftex book.tex.
F4 to running
texexec book.tex
 and F5 to running in background
kpdf book.pdf

I operate from a terminal window on the GUI (KDE in my case.)

--
John Culleton