2008/6/14 Mojca Miklavec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> That's not a general solution, but if you need it for yourself, you
> can put the following to some file and execute it whenever you want:
>
> rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/context/beta/
> /path/to/your/texmf/
> rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/bin/luatex/linux/bin/
> /path/to/your/binaries/
> etc.
>
> There's a limited set of folders that you need to update, and it will
> only update new files, you don't need to update everything.
In a world without firewall rules that would a good compromise :-)

About the topic...
even I don't like prepackaged softwares, we cannot forget that most
users want download, doubleclick, install and run without other
noises, so I agree with Andrea's thoughts, but ConTeXt has a
complicated structure/hierarchy (updated often) which doesn't make
easier the job.
Furthermore let me doubt that a simplified installation it's enough to
persuade new users since ConTeXt requires manuals reading which is
universally considered a waste of time.
Regards

--
Diego Depaoli