On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Oliver Buerschaper
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> \unprotect
>>>
>>> \startsetups[letter:backaddress]
>>> \def\\{\lettervalue{\c!backaddress\c!separator}}
>>> \doifelselettervalue\v!backaddress
>>> {\lettervalue\v!backaddress}
>>> {\lettervalue\c!fromname
>>> \doiflettervalue\c!fromaddress\\
>>> \lettervalue\c!fromaddress}
>>> \stopsetups
>>>
>>> \protect
>>
>> And add \setupletterstyle[backaddress=yes] to your file
>> because the backaddress is disabled by default.
>
> Thanks very much, this works!
>
> Still a minor suggestion regarding the interface: I guess at the
> moment it's slightly inconsistent because on the one hand one has
>
> \setupletterstyle
>        [backaddress=yes]
>
> and on the other hand
>
> \setupletter
>        [list={name,phone,fax,date}]
>
> Note that both commands actually implement boolean switches, namely,
> whether backaddress, name etc. should be displayed or not. For
> consistency reasons these switches should perhaps be interfaced in the
> same way, e.g. by "name=yes" etc.

I could support name=yes and alike but I can't drop the
\setupletter[list=...] because you need it to define your own reference
line with personalized elements, e.g. your working in a company
a put a sign for the letter there plus the number of the office etc.

KOMA-Script handles this with the \setkomavar commands but you
have to put the settings for values in the right order in the source.

> Another possibility would be removing the "backaddress=yes" switch
> completely. Then if backaddress data is supplied it's printed along
> with the line below and if not, well, then leave out the separator line.
>
> What do you think?

Have you tried what will happen with a enabled backaddress and
no value for backaddress, fromname and fromaddress are shown
as backaddress but I don't rely on this feature and change it to
waht you suggested.

Regards
Wolfgang