On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Oliver Buerschaper
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I could support name=yes and alike but I can't drop the
>> \setupletter[list=...] because you need it to define your own
>> reference
>> line with personalized elements, e.g. your working in a company
>> a put a sign for the letter there plus the number of the office etc.
>
> I'm sorry, didn't think of that. It makes sense, of course.
>

>>> Another possibility would be removing the "backaddress=yes" switch
>>> completely. Then if backaddress data is supplied it's printed along
>>> with the line below and if not, well, then leave out the separator
>>> line.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>
>> Have you tried what will happen with a enabled backaddress and
>> no value for backaddress, fromname and fromaddress are shown
>> as backaddress but I don't rely on this feature and change it to
>> waht you suggested.
>
> I've just tried this quickly and this seems even better … then what
> about removing the option "backaddress=yes" from "\setupletterstyle"
> and provide a key "auto" for "backaddress" in "\setupletter"? Thus:

I don't remove backaddress from \setupletterstyle because each layer
has a boolean switch and I don't want a backaddress on my letters.

> 1. No backaddress line
>
> \setupletter
>        [fromname={Arthur Thor},
>         fromaddress={Hidden Street 2\\57895 Mysterytown}]
>
> 2. backaddress line generated from sender information
>
> \setupletter
>        [fromname={Arthur Thor},
>         fromaddress={Hidden Street 2\\57895 Mysterytown},
>         backaddress=auto]
>
> 3. Custom backaddress
>
> \setupletter
>        [fromname={Arthur Thor},
>         fromaddress={Hidden Street 2\\57895 Mysterytown},
>         backaddress={Thor Inc., Mystery Street 5, 59875 Hidden Town}]

I uploaded a new release with the option "yes", "auto" and "no" for the
backaddress key, yes and auto use fromname and fromaddress,
no sets no backaddress and you can write a cutomized backaddress
with anything else as content for the backaddress key.

Regards
Wolfgang