Hi Michael,

On 2016-03-22 Rogers, Michael K wrote:

> Perhaps this?  (I'm still better at Plain TeX than ConTeXt.)
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> \starttext
> \setupindenting[yes,40pt]
> \dimen0=\hsize
> \advance\dimen0 by -\parindent
> \advance\dimen0 by -2em
> \parfillskip=2em plus \dimen0
> \tolerance=0   % strictly enforces glue dimensions/stretching - may
> have unwanted side effects
>
> \dorecurse{41}{wxyz }\par
> \dorecurse{42}{wxyz }\par
> \dorecurse{26}{wxyz }

thanks, if I understand correctly, this follows my original idea to dynamically
get the actual block width, simply substract indentation and use the variable
for defining \parfillskip

I modified it slightly, but it doesn't seem to have desired effect. The last
line of third paragraph is still too short:

\starttext
\hsize 15.37cm
\input tufte

\parfillskip30pt plus 1fil
\input tufte

\dimen0\hsize
\advance\dimen0 by -60pt
\parfillskip=30pt plus \dimen0
%\tolerance=0   % strictly enforces glue dimensions/stretching - may have
unwanted side effects

\input tufte

\parfillskip0pt plus 1fil

\input tufte

hsize is \the\hsize{}\par
dimen0 is \the\dimen0{}

\stoptext

I disabled that tolerance as it caused overflowing the text to the margin. Was
that the key for the functionality?

Jan