On 3/23/2016 8:14 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
On 2016-03-22 Hans Hagen wrote:
On 2016-03-22 Hans Hagen wrote:
On 3/21/2016 8:14 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:

when paragraphs are separated by indenting the first line
(instead of an empty line), these rules should be followed:

(2) the last line is shorter than block width
       xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
         xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(ad 2) This can be done using \parfillskip XXpt plus 1fil
(where XX is required gap)

setting the XXpt is tricky as it might lead to underful or
overful cases when that amount start interfering with an optimal
solution (as it's seen as acceptable overflow in some direction)

underful or overful where? in previous lines? I am quite lost here

\starttext

\setupalign[tolerant,stretch]
\dorecurse{100}{
      \hsize\dimexpr\textwidth-#1pt\relax
      \parfillskip -4em plus 1 fill
      \input tufte
      \page
}

\stoptext

page 43

In my output I can see overful of the last line on pages 38-46.

How can this happen? Isn't it a clear bug?

What exactly mean 'that amount start interfering with an optimal solution'?
Isn't parfillskip settings taken already into an account when composing the
paragraph?

Huh. I am puzzled.

it's just a skip added at the end of the line ... so like any skip ... and if you give it a fill that will be taken into account in linebreaks (just like other fill)

\starttext

\dorecurse{100}{testtesttesttesttest #1 \hskip0ptplus1fill\relax}