On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm <te...@fiee.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> just wanted to say THANK YOU for finally tackling that issue!
> I want PDF/X etc. myself but always postponed it...

One of the reason to not include a color profile in the standard distribution
is that it's an advanced topic, a field for an advanced user.
It's quite easy to make pdf that looks ok, but are not ok for printing
(wrong profile for the medium)
or are invalid (it can happen if the pdf has an output intent with a
profile A, and the document has  a color with different profile B,
perhaps in an image).
On average the casual user will complain saying "ConTeXt makes wrong
pdf", perhaps  showing the result from a bugged validator
(all already happen, in several situations).

The context meeting is the best place to talk of all these issues.

--
luigi