On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 at 09:43, Otared Kavian wrote:

> Hi Mojca,
>
> You are correct about not removing « by hands » parts of a package…
> The reason for which I wen to that extremity was that I wanted absolutely to
> be sure to be able to run ConTeXt from TeXLive2020 in order to convince a few
> colleagues to experiment it with TeXShop.
>
> If I type in the Terminal
>         port installed 'tex*'
> the answer is:
>         None of the specified ports are installed.
>
> I guess this is because after having solved the problem I met with installing
> MacTeX2020, I had done:
>         sudo port uninstall texlive-basic --follow-dependencies
> in order to uninstall ant TeX related package from Macports (I don't know how
> thos packages were installed, maybe when I tried to use asymptote, and since
> I couldn't use it from within ConTeXt I gave up…).

Yes, Asymptote definitely depends on texlive.
But I guess that John is open for some "bribery" to make Asymptote
work better with ConTeXt :)

Last time I tested (maybe that was a few years ago) it was certainly
possible to set context as the "backend engine".
What's missing is better integration though (to end up with almost as
good integration as metapost/metafun offers), and 3D with javascript
mousing support never worked either.

Mojca