> Am 10.08.2020 um 14:59 schrieb Otared Kavian <ota...@gmail.com>:
>
> It is possible that the version of mtxrun or luatools scripts in TeXLive are
> not working.

Well, one more suggestion:
Use TeX Live Manager to update TeX-Live.
I didn’t see any comments about context not working, but maybe the update fixes
something.
(You can filter for context related packages.)

There has been one update to „context“ in June 2020.

> I don't remember what I did with TeXLive2019 to fix the issue, but my concern
> is that if including ConTeXt in TeXLive is intended for people to use it,
> then it SHOULD run without such tweakings which, even for someone who is a
> regular user of ConTeXt, are not easy to find.

Well, it works here on a (relatively) clean install of 10.13.

> The solution consisting of installing a standalone tree of ConTeXt, is not a
> real solution because many people do not know how to do it and, even if they
> could, then what would be the point of doing so much work for people who
> include a ConTeXt tree in TeXLive?

It should work.

> Anyway, I apologize for my acrimonius remarks, and I thank you again for your
> help.

One more thing:
Please look at environment variables starting with TEX and comment them, they
will cause problems.

And another one:
Please look into the home directory for a local .texlive2020 folder.
There shouldn’t be any and it shouldn’t contain anything context related.

Greetings
Axel