Hi Axel,

> On 10 Aug 2020, at 16:11, Axel Kielhorn <t...@axelkielhorn.de> wrote:
> […]
> Well, one more suggestion:
> Use TeX Live Manager to update TeX-Live.
> I didn’t see any comments about context not working, but maybe the update
> fixes something.
> (You can filter for context related packages.)
>
> There has been one update to „context“ in June 2020.

I did update TeXLive with TeX Live Manager. But still I cannot run ConTeXt from
TeXLive2020 (neither from TeXShop nor from Terminal).

> […]
> And another one:
> Please look into the home directory for a local .texlive2020 folder.
> There shouldn’t be any and it shouldn’t contain anything context related.

I checked for the existence of directories of the type .texlive2020: there is
no such directory in my home directory.
There were three leftover directories .texlive2008, .texlive2010 and
.texlive2019, which I removed.
Doing
        mtxrun --generate
creates a .texlive2019 directory which contains some other folders which are
        texmf-var/luatex-cache/context/88aacfe88c3cbee9a12d5f4bec4da90b/trees/
and in the latter folder there are 10 files with suffixes .lua and .luc.
Again
        context test.tex
results in
        mtxrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

So the problem remains…

Best regards: Otared