I usually set the min and max the same. As the pagefile begins to grow, it may become fragmented. Based on your system requirements, be sure to set your initial pagefile large enough to accommodate your requirements, because when you have to come back and increase it, the system usually allocates the space anywhere on the chosen partition as it sees fit. All is not lost! Diskeeper 5.0 or 6.0 to the rescue! Use the boot-time defragmentation and make everything contiguous!!!!!!!and defragment the MFT and Pagefile as needed. I hope that this helps.

Troy,txs
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2001 4:56 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Guidelines for W2K Pro PageFile Size

The main reason to set the pagefile to a static size is so that you don't incur a performance penalty as it grows.

Of course, depending on what you do, you may never even reach the 768MB number, so it might be a moot point.

I prefer static.

Win2K likes a larger Pagefile, and the default is 1.5x to 3x of RAM.

Perfmon is still the best way to figure out what you need...

 ASB - http://www.ultratech-llc.com/KB/?File=~MoreInfo.TXT