CNN later reported that it is from their internal civil war.

--Charles

                    Jeff Pace

                    <JPace@Transd        To:     "NT System Admin Issues"

                    yn.com>              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                         cc:

                    09/11/01             Subject:     RE: Afgan

                    06:30 PM

                       Please

                    respond to

                    "NT System

                    Admin Issues"

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Explosions lit up the night sky in Kabul,
Afghanistan, CNN reported Tuesday.

The Cable News Network showed footage of a series of flashes and flames in
the Afghan capital.

``There are missiles flying across the city ... apparently large incoming
missiles,'' a CNN reporter said.

The report came hours after a major terrorist attack on the United States
destroyed New York's World Trade Center towers and damaged the Pentagon
near
Washington.

U.S. President George W. Bush was scheduled to address the nation at 9 p.m.
Tuesday