From: Kurt Buff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 3:17 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: A few thoughts on today's events

I think that why it happened is much more important, long term, than who did
it. The reason is that unless the US government changes the way it does
things, this kind of thing won't stop.

This is not to say that we shouldn't detect and punish those who did this -
we absolutely must. But if we don't want endless repeats of this kind of
attack, or a huge erosion of our freedom at home, then we must pay serious
attention to why we are a target.

It happened because the US is not a good international citizen. Our
government has misbehaved for over 50 years. Always with good intentions,
but as the old quote goes -

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Means and ends must agree, and the US government hasn't had them in
alignment for many years.