Title: RE: Workstation Naming Standards
We use "Assett tags" here. Each PC has a sticker with a code on it. We have a database with make, model, os, build version, user, location etc. Very useful.

 -----Original Message-----
From: Bob Foote [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 28 September 2001 15:31
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Workstation Naming Standards

I have a variety of workstations and use extracts of the name in a variety of login script functions. I find it best to add the user name into the description field and use the "view details" option when browsing. I identify each station with a three letter OS id, a two letter location ID and an index number. Works find for me.