Title: RE: Workstation Naming Standards
If you're going AD you can really use it to your own preference.

For example our AD is split Users are grouped in OU's based on company structure i.e. Function -> Department etc.

In another section we have Machines by Geographic position i.e. Nottingham -> Main Building -> Administration Office -> PA to MD Desk -> NGAD001

As you can see it doens't matter so much what the computer is called. At the end of the day with physical hardware, generally to fix a problem you need to actually go to the damned PC!

Everyone to their own....

Just my 5p

Many thanks

Craig Cameron

IT Systems Manager

Craig.Cameron@care-ivf.com
Centres for Assisted Reproduction Ltd.
Tel : +44 (0)115 9667720   Fax : +44(0)115 9667710
Web Site : http://www.care-ivf.com