I agree but there is one caveat, if I have physical access to the phone, you
can just take the battery out of it ( Bingo your remote wipe is gone), then
hook up the phone and boot the os, find out where the keys are stored on the
device ( yes the encryption keys are stored on the device), and decrypt it, and
your info is my info now, and you know all those juicy corporate emails with
the crown jewels on some merger, sale etc etc are on those devices)

Aaron Turner from the IANS Faculity has done pretty extensive research on this
subject and I have seen his presentations on the mobile device security matters
many times, and its pretty scary how dependent we are on a very insecure
technology....

http://blog.iansresearch.net/2011/05/katherine-teitler-byod-the-horse-is-out-of-the-barn.html

But I like Marc tangent, why even want physical device if I can plant malware
on your smart phone and just siphon off the information I want anyways, makes
it easier to take advantage to the information obtained. (Aka some of the items
discussed above)

Food for thought,

Edward E. Ziots
CISSP, Network +, Security +