Marc,
I think you hit the nail right on the head. Apple charges expensively for
the design but the innards are the same as other cheaply made (or wose)
knock-off & substandard phones. But there _is_ somethingt o be said for the
iOS subsystem as it was designed/written not only for usability but
efficient use of memory/processing. On the ipad (gen 1 even) I've never seen
a lag as I have on the Android counterpart (Acer A500 is what I have to
compare to).

I am excited about WinMo phones just not sure if I could wait another year
:) Am currently looking @ all the HTC models and wanting to see if we can
get work to foot the bill until the next hardware release from MS/Nokia
camp.