I'm betting that you may have a serial number, more like a product number,
not the actual license keys...

David

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Eric Brouwer <ithelp.e...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried that.  The serial number I have is in this format:
> 01-2345-6789-004265.  It says it's not valid.  I also looked at the
> besernum.xml file and the serial number listed there does not work
> either.
>
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Harry Singh <hbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You should be able to download the product from the following website
> using
> > the serial number you currently have.
> >
> > https://fileconnect.symantec.com
> >

> > On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Eric Brouwer <ithelp.e...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Geetings,
> >>
> >> With my predecessor completely out of the picture now, I'm evaluating
> >> everything he was in charge of.  One of his duties was setting up
> >> backup routines, and testing them.  I am not able to find our
> >> installation media for Backup Exec 12.  I have the license keys, but
> >> no way to install it.  I sent an inquiry to Symantec to see if it was
> >> available for download, but I doubt it.  Does any one on this list
> >> have a copy of this?  I need to be able to install the core product,
> >> and agents for Windows servers, Exchange, and SQL.
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >>
> >> Eric
> >>
> >> ~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~
> >> ~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~
> >>
> >> ---
> >> To manage subscriptions click here:
> >> http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/read/my_forums/
> >> or send an email to listmana...@lyris.sunbeltsoftware.com
> >> with the body: unsubscribe ntsysadmin
> >

> > ~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~
> > ~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~
> >
> > ---
> > To manage subscriptions click here:
> > http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/read/my_forums/
> > or send an email to listmana...@lyris.sunbeltsoftware.com
> > with the body: unsubscribe ntsysadmin

> To manage subscriptions click here:

David

_____________________
*
*
*Under the heading of, "we wish"...

*"But ambitious encroachments of the federal government, on the authority
of the State governments, would not excite the opposition of a single
State, or of a few States only. They would be signals of general alarm. ...
But what degree of madness could ever drive the federal government to such
an extremity."

--James Madison, Federalist No. 46, 1788

**