From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 07:50 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Subject: Re: Google killing Google Message Continuity (And more)

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 7:01 PM, John Cook <john.c...@pfsf.org> wrote:
> Don't forget the Sybari acquisition that turned into Forefront.

  If we're going to go down that road...

  MS-DOS was purchased from Seattle Computer Products.

  Win NT was so much like VMS that DEC sued MSFT; they settled out-of-court.

  IE was originally based on Spyglass Mosaic.

  MS-SQL was originally based on Sybase's database server product.

  I seem to recall reading that many of the bits that became Exchange
were purchased from 3Com.  My memory might be wrong on that, tho.

 Microsoft Bob, however, was developed entirely in-house.  ;-)

-- Ben

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information transmitted, or contained or
attached to or with this Notice is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain Protected Health Information (PHI),
confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission,
dissemination, or other use of, and taking any action in reliance upon this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient without
the express written consent of the sender are prohibited. This information may
be protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
(HIPAA), and other Federal and Florida laws. Improper or unauthorized use or
disclosure of this information could result in civil and/or criminal penalties.
 Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really
need to.