Non-authoritative answer:

Name:    vip1.studyisland.com

Address:  72.249.13.58

Aliases:  www.studyisland.com

So looks like possible dns cache corruption on your DNS server.

(What I see from my end) (this could be due to access list on what
traffic its accepting)

> server 198.153.192.1

Default Server:  [198.153.192.1]

Address:  198.153.192.1

> www.studyisland.com.

Server:  [198.153.192.1]

Address:  198.153.192.1

DNS request timed out.

    timeout was 2 seconds.

DNS request timed out.

    timeout was 2 seconds.

*** Request to [198.153.192.1] timed-out

Have you turned on debug log for dns, and look into that one?

Have you tried, to do that DNS lookup from the DNS Server itself to the
upstream DNS forwarder, and see if it resolves and then take a look at
it from the DNS cache ( You will probably need wireshark on the
workstation and server in question to see what is going on with the
packets. I will be happy to look at any pcap files you would want to
send over on the situation.

Edward E. Ziots, CISSP, Security +, Network +

Security Engineer

Lifespan Organization

ezi...@lifespan.org