Clearing the cache didn't help. I'll grab DIG now...

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:41 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: DNS Lookup Failing for One Address

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 1:42 PM, John Hornbuckle
<john.hornbuc...@taylor.k12.fl.us> wrote:
> One of my DNS servers (Server 2008) is failing to resolve
> www.studyisland.com like so:

  There is some bug in MS-DNS in Windows 2008 R2 that causes it to randomly get
a brain crap on individual domains.  I don't know the details, but it's bit a
few people on this list.  Symptoms seem to match yours.  Try the command

        dnscmd /clearcache

on the server.  If that clears the trouble, you need the hotfix.  I
*think* this is it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2508835

but I might have it confused with some other bug in MS-DNS.

> C:\>nslookup

  NSLOOKUP is brain damaged.  (The biggest problem is that it can give
ambiguous error messages.)  Get DIG from the ISC BIND suite and get in the
habit of using it for DNS diagnostics.

-- Ben