From: Ben Scott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 3:38 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Wiki for Windows

On Feb 11, 2008 3:08 PM, Michael B. Smith
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What's wrong with the Wiki in WSS 3.0? I've been very happy with it.

  While I don't think I've used one yet, from everything I've read,
the so-called "wiki" in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 is not
actually wiki.  It's more like a web share with a built-in WYSIWYG
editor.  Mayne that will do what somebody is looking for, but it's not
wiki.  (From what I've read, WSS 3.0's "wiki" doesn't use any kind of
wiki markup; it uses HTML.  There's no auto-linking option.  No
categories.  No TOCs or wiki templates or anything.)

-- Ben