From: Eric E Eskam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 11:09 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Lenovo?

"Vincent Medina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/21/2008 11:27:18 PM:
> I guess you are used to mediocre support because a far as I am
concerned
> Dell support is mediocre at best...

sigh...  If you only pay for basic support, you get basic support
service - how hard is that to understand?

As someone else pointed out, Gold Support is a fairly inexpensive add
on.  Dell gives you the choice - you can save money and get no-frill's
support, or you can pay a little more and get top-flight service.  You
can also extend the warranty out to five years - and that is also at a
fairly nominal cost compared to the cost of the system.  If you want
longer warranties, you can get them from third parties like Trident
systems.  Dell's hard cap at five years is my only complaint with them -
it's not a big deal with desktops, but it is annoying for servers.

If you spent more time listening and less time being flip and sarcastic,
the above might be more obvious - unless you had no intention of being
reasonable and just have an axe to grind.

But I assure you, the Dell support we receive is not mediocre.

Eric Eskam
The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect any
position of the U.S. Government
"The human mind treats a new idea the same way the body treats a strange
protein; it rejects it."
-  P. B. Medawar