No, you're looking at one or the other.  Think of the OST as a good thing.
If the system goes down and nothing can be recovered, the users simply logs
into a new system and they've lost very little (stuff that was stored on the
bad system - nick names etc).  OST = Good in this case.

From: Jon Harris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 7:22 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Exchanged cached mode

Ah, well we are very much a culture of PST files here.  I know not best
practice but for the Linux mail system it was required.  I would guess then
that I need to talk to the Exchange admin and find out the ground rules I
will be living under now.  Can OST and PST files live on the same system?
Be open at the same time?

Jon