From: Reimer, Mark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, 1 March 2008 8:42 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Best practices in setting up a web site with IIS

Hi folks,

Question in setting up a website. We will be using IIS (this has been decided
by others, and I can't change it).

Should subsites be:

www.subsite.ourdomain.com<http://www.subsite.ourdomain.com>

or

www.ourdomain.com/subsite<http://www.ourdomain.com/subsite>

Which is better practice? We will be spreading across multiple servers, with
each server hosting one or two subsites.

If the latter, what the preferred way of setting things up so the subsite gets
pointed to the right server?

I know it's Friday. If you want to wait until Monday, that's fine with me.

Have a great weekend.

Mark