From: Joe Heaton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 7:09 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Gig ports - copper or fiber?

The run is about 4-5 feet, so I'm thinking copper should be fine.  The
connection is between an HP 4108gl chassis, which all our users are
plugged into, and a Cisco 3560 layer 3 switch, which is doing the
routing between the VLANs on the HP.  So all traffic outside the subnet
the servers are on, comes in the HP, goes over to the Cisco, then comes
back to the HP to hit the servers.  Then does the reverse to get back to
the workstations...

Joe Heaton