"Joe Heaton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/29/2008 07:09:02 PM:

> The connection is between an HP 4108gl chassis, which
> all our users are plugged into, and a Cisco 3560 layer 3
> switch, which is doing the routing between the VLANs on the HP.
> So all traffic outside the subnet the servers are on, comes in
> the HP, goes over to the Cisco, then comes back to the HP to
> hit the servers.  Then does the reverse to get back to the
> workstations...

So all your server/workstation traffic is being shuffled - twice - across
one gigabit port?

Isn't that the classic definition of a bottleneck?

Eric Eskam
The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect any
position of the U.S. Government
"The human mind treats a new idea the same way the body treats a strange
protein; it rejects it."
-  P. B. Medawar