From: Clayton Doige [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 15 April 2008 2:02 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Naming convention for Servers

Quite right, if they know what they are doing, but mr happy hacker is not going
to spend a minute or two breaking into your network and will have spent a good
deal of time gathering all the information they need BEFORE they attack, but
someone internal who has been paid to try and steal stuff might not have that
skill set, even if they do have the permissions to get places.

I'm just paranoid, and like avoiding giving anything away. No hack happens in
30 seconds. Every wall you put up makes things take more time, and the more
time someone has to take increases the chances of them making a mistaking and
leaving a trace of the hack, which is all a sysadmin can hope for in terms of
defense.