I find dinosaur names to be a fantastic source of weird and wonderful words
– I once had servers called Muttaburra, Ankylosaurus and Polacanthus,
amongst others

  _____

From: James Kerr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 14 April 2008 21:54
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Naming convention for Servers

We used to name servers after stars but after a while the only ones left
were really weird names. The we started with cartoon characters but when a
server had the same name as one of the directors another director didn't
like that. From now on I will just name them after the asset tags like our
workstations. We can quickly lookup the info on any asset tag from our
inventory.