Virtualization is an excellent thing and works in many environments
_depending_ on several factors.  It is not in any way shape or form a
magic solution.

Does you hardware support the load?  On a virtualized environment will
you have sufficient disk IO/latency to support your apps?  Here we do
not put SQL or Exchange mailbox servers in VM.  Because our SAN
infrastructure latency kills it.  We did test it and it just doesn't
work for us.  At all.

We have another production environment.... 3 VMware servers in a
cluster.  One virtual center server and a seperate SQL db box for the
back end.  Here's the fun part.  The AD DC is virtualized.  The SQL
service account for the server is a domain account.  If we shut down
the environment, then we have to bring up the VMWare box with the DC
on it and power it up before we can bring up the cluster
environment........

It all depends on your needs and equipment whether or not a virtual
solution will work for you.

That said, if you are going to keep the servers in your cube, get a
half height rack or something and have a locking door.  Frankly the
fan noise would irritate the hell out of me and my cube neighbors.
They need to find secure space for their servers.  Closed, non-climate
controlled closets get HOT.  Heat shuts down servers.

Other random notes confirming stuff.
Blades run warm, very very warm.
One UPS?  So, single point of failure then?  Blades need a lot of power, lots.

Over all at one location we have 47 VMWare host systems comprising 2
production environments, 2 full test environments and 2 development
labs.

VMWare, it's what's good for the resume :) but not always the right answer.

Steven