We are looking for new helpdesk/trouble ticket software.  We'd like to
be able to plugin to MS SQL, auto create/update tickets via email
submission and also via web interface.  Allowing users to view the
status of a ticket would be a plus as well.  It doesn't need to have all
the bells and whistles, but customizable would be nice.

I've looked at a few but haven't really been too impressed so I'm
turning to the collective experience of the group.

Any recommendations and feedback are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil