Connect by IP address until you get your DNS sorted out.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:55 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Remote Desktop of Death

I am on my XP desktop, and I run mstsc.exe to open a session on a server.
(In the most recent case, the server was a VM, so remote session is the
only real possibility.)

Again, I am logged into my XP desktop as my personal account, and I try to
log into a remote server with a different, administrative account.

My "warning message" is that the remote server already has my personal,
non-admin account logged into a session on it.
Richard McClary, Systems Administrator
ASPCA Knowledge Management
1717 S Philo Rd, Ste 36, Urbana, IL  61802
217-337-9761
http://www.aspca.org