From: Sean Martin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Can you say "lawsuit"? I knew you could...

If the forensic techniques involve judging the amount of time it takes to
complete a test, how long you spent on each question, and whether or not you
reviewed your answers, then the system is flawed. If the certification
'masters' want to ensure their certs maintain credibility, then the tests
need to force the test taker to think and work through each question rather
than giving them mulitple choices to choose from. I believe Microsoft has
tried this approach, but like someone else mentioned, a lot of times the
"right" answer doesn't accurately match the process that might be followed
in the real word.

If you want to see those exams, take the Citrix 456 and 614 exams.
Absolutely brutal.  The 456 exam was so flawed Citrix had to manually
rescore every exam AND lower the passing grade.  From what I heard, over 95%
of the people who took 456 failed.  That figure included the official Citrix
instructors.  How bad was it?  As an example, say you are asked to create a
user on an Exchange server and create an Exchange mailbox.  Simple checkbox
during the process.  On the Citrix exam, the text would have been there for
the checkbox but the checkbox wasn't there.  Makes it very hard to pass the
exam when you have stuff like that to contend with.

I am all for making the exams "real world" realistic but at least alpha test
the exam and scoring process.

Webster