From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 10:06 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Virtuozzo Migration

I basically translate that as closed system vs open system.  Anything
that cannot interoperate in the same code base requires hardware
virtualization, anything that can share files, memory and CPU in the
same set of code can run OS Virtualization.

I do agree that I think VMware gives you some substancial benefits.  I
am curious if anyone is running DC, Exchange, SQL on the same box in a
Virtuozzo scenario(assuming powerful enough box, SAS drives, etc) and
not seeing the performance issues that many would coorelate with running
them on a VMWARE or Virtual Server box.  Many of the forums seem to
indicate that Virtuozzo excels here..  again depends on the arena.

Too many ways to skin a cat..Time to goto sleep.  Thanks for the
insights.  I appreciate it.