From: Ziots, Edward [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 9:09 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OMG WSUS Just tanked *EVERY* Desktop in my org!

Same here, about 125 test systems I patch with all the new patches,
evaluate, and then push to production, also development machines also
get the patches first, so there is no issue with test/dev being behind
the curve patch wise.

Also the other reason I don't use WSUS, M$ has already shown that they
can fark up a WSUS patch or WSUS itself and cause lots of pain to the
patch and pray shops out there, which causes downtime, user
disasatifcation and mgmt asking wtf just happened?

Folks read the NIST SP 800 series guidelines about patch
management/vulnerability management and use that as your guidelines to
do patching/vulnerability and change management. Its gotta be tiered and
it has to be tested and controlled, or you will run into these
situations.

Edward E. Ziots
Network Engineer
Lifespan Organization