Try stopping the Windows Update service on the PC and deleting  or
renaming the c:\windows\softwaredistribution folder. Then start the
service.

From: James Kerr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:26 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: OMG WSUS Just tanked *EVERY* Desktop in my org!

What you using to redeploy?

        ----- Original Message -----

        From: Joseph L. Casale <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        To: NT System Admin Issues
<mailto:ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>

        Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:10 PM

        Well,
        I am puzzled to, problem is I don't have time to figure it out,
I have to redeploy.
        It seems a few PC's had issues with some .Net updates, some
office updates and we have an ERP app that uses both of these. We also
use Nod32.

        I saw issues with the updates for several days, but was busy and
didn't hear anyone complain. I planned to investigate why WSUS was
saying they were failing asap.

        Today, everything is busted.

        I hadn't approved anything in a couple weeks, and I do approve
on a VM first?

        I don't know WTF happened, LOL...

        hkc