From: Devin Meade [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 12 September 2008 15:26
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Dell account and DIY replacements

We are not large by any means, but we do get replacement parts.  I would
call your rep and ask, it couldn't hurt.  We dont have any Dell
certified peeps here.  I may want to be one when I grow up though.  We
run about 10-12 servers that are replaced every 5 years and about 60-80
workstations and laptops every 3 years.  We get "large business" pricing
and we try to get the best support contract on the servers (4 hour
response, 24x7x365).  Warranties on workstations - we usually get a 3
year at purchase time and let them expire.   Our workstations needs are
pretty high end (we run Revit, AutoCAD, etc) .  We haved called in a
number of hard drives and we just tell them we need a replacement and it
shows up the next day, same with flat panel monitors.  Oh yeah, we have
moved our MS vol licensing to Dell.  Dell has really been courting our
firm in the last 12 mos.  THey sent some big-whigs to our office and we
asked specifially for this (no calling India for a bad mouse, etc).

-Devin

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Oliver Marshall