Hi gang,

Im trying to test out Windows 2003 RMS here so that our Word docs are
given a level of protection against being emailed out.

I've followed the step by step insttructions to install it on our 2003
server. It's the only server here in our small office. Everything has
gone to plan and it all appeared to install first time. However, when I
try the Word part of the test which involves creating and save a test
doc, clicking the Office button in Word then choosing Prepare and then
Restrict Permission and then Restrict Access, it goes wrong. Rather than
showing me the options to restrict access, it asks me whether i want to
sign up for a trial with the MS RMS service.

I've registered the RMS SCP in Active Directory using the RMS management
page on the server, and I cant see any errors on the workstation that
relate to not being able to find it etc.

Any ideas why I'm not seeing the options to restrict access ?

Olly

--

G2 Support

Online Backups