From: Eric Brouwer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 9:50 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: DNS issue?

How do you mean?  Should we just set up an options on a splash screen
where visitors can choose Flash or HTML versions of the site?

On Dec 2, 2008, at 6:15 PM, Micheal Espinola Jr wrote:

> You are only invisable if you do not also supply standard content.
> You dont need to trash the Flash to accomplish that.
>
> --
> ME2
>

> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Eric Brouwer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>> Believe me, I hear you on the anti-flash stuff.  That was the first
>> thing I
>> told them when I started.  We are invisible to search engines.
>> With our
>> work, form always trumps function.  Our designers need to have
>> total control
>> over how things look down to specifying exactly what font the user
>> sees.
>>
>> I'm trying to get a hold of our hosting company.  According to their
>> website, we should be able to use the IIS Remote Manager, but I'm
>> not sure
>> of the connection information.  I think I can set the redirect that
>> way.
>>
>> On Dec 2, 2008, at 1:37 PM, Ben Scott wrote:

>>> There's your problem.  (Ha Ha Only Serious.)
>>>
>>> FYI: A website which consists of nothing but Flash -- like yours --
>>> is essentially invisible to search engines (like Google).  So you're
>>> hurting your search engine rankings considerably.

>>> I see the same here.  Firefox 3.0 and MSIE 6.0, both Flash 9.

>>> Both <www.forestpost.com.> and <forestpost.com.> return the same A
>>> record (209.237.151.15), so it is not a DNS problem.

>>> That's HTTP, not DNS.  It can be done using most web servers.  I
>>> don't know how to do it in IIS 7.0 (which you're apparently using),
>>> but I bet Google would tell you.
>>>
>>> But that would really just be working around a bug.  I'd suggest
>>> fixing the bug.  I'm guessing you've got a request (Flash or
>>> JavaScript) that's triggering a cross-domain security check somehow.
>>> Most web client technologies try to limit web pages to requests
>>> within
>>> their domain (so that visiting http://www.example.com/exploit.js
>>> won't
>>> mean giving up your eBay login cookies).  The specifics I have no
>>> idea
>>> on.
>>>
>>> -- Ben
>>>
>>> ~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~
>>> ~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~
>>

>> Eric Brouwer
>> IT Manager
>> www.forestpost.com
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> 248.855.4333
>>

>> ~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~
>> ~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~

Eric Brouwer
IT Manager
www.forestpost.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
248.855.4333

Virginia Opera's 2008-2009 Season ... "Viva la passione!"
IL TROVATORE - THE ELIXIR OF LOVE - TOSCA - THE BARBER OF SEVILLE
Visit us online at www.vaopera.org or call 1-866-OPERA-VA (1-866-673-7282).
Subscribe or purchase tickets online now!

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the
intended recipient(s). Unless otherwise specified, persons unnamed as
recipients may not read, distribute, copy or alter this e-mail. Any views or
opinions expressed in this e-mail belong to the author and may not necessarily
represent those of Virginia Opera. Although precautions have been taken to
ensure no viruses are present, Virginia Opera cannot accept responsibility for
any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this e-mail or attachments.