On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Eric Brouwer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How do you mean?  Should we just set up an options on a splash screen where
> visitors can choose Flash or HTML versions of the site?

  You can do it that way, but I think the better way to do it is to
build your web site using HTML, and use Flash as *parts* of each page.
 With CSS, you can get fairly good control over how things appear.
When Flash is needed for a cool effect, build in alternate HTML links
on the same page.

  Your home page, for example, doesn't really need Flash.  The
carousel for staff (which I admit is neat) does, but you could run a
strip of HTML names across the side/bottom and still have it look
nice.

  Take a look at Yahoo's or Microsoft's home pages.  Lots of layout,
dynamic effects, menus, etc..  Very little Flash, other than for
video.

  This does, of course, require web designers who have both artistic
skill and technical skill.  I personally think that would be a
requirement to be called a "web designer", but I guess most of the
world doesn't agree with me.

-- Ben