Great responses so far!  You've all given me even more to think about.

A few other questions:

1.       From a DR perspective, or perhaps just for rebalancing the load
on a host machine, how does moving from one host to another with
different HW impact the VM, or is it transparent?

2.       Does Virtualization impact your domain security requirements in
any way?

3.       NIC Utilization - Shared NICs or separate for each VM?

4.       OS & App licensing - can we expect any reduction in licensing
requirements?

Thanks!

Roger Wright

Network Administrator