>From a healthcare IT guy.

Electronic Medical Records are a biggie that need to be funded and
completed, along with sharing of medical records between hospitals,
electronically across the US, which was the end-state of the EMR in the
first place. Hospitals are still relying way too much on paper, to do
there processing, instead of doing things digitally, which is wasting
money and time.

Security: Honestly, compared to SOX and GLBA, HIPPA just doesn't have
the teeth and the penalities and the priority that the Federal reg's
have and SOX/GLBA/PCI do, therefore all these addressable sections, but
without major fines and pressure like there is under the other
regulations, there isn't going to be funding and priority with the HMO's
and Healthcare to get this done, because they are going to say they
can't do it because they don't have the money to do it. Again with the
non-profits it's a chicken and egg scenario honestly, you basically are
making decisions to your profitability or lack of profitability, its
affect on your bond ratings, and trying to use that money to either
purchase solutions to comply with federal mandates or to improve your
business and workers efficency, to the business if it doesn't affect the
bottom line positively then its not good for business, and I don't know
about you but in this economy spending is not the first thing on there
minds, and if you say solution X is going to cost Y, they are going to
look at you like you are insane...

Edward E. Ziots

Network Engineer

Lifespan Organization

Email: ezi...@lifespan.org

Phone: 401-639-3505

MCSE, MCP+I, ME, CCA, Security +, Network +