They all knew it would happen, but as long as the bank was making the
commissions, they didn't care, it is called Greed, and de-regulation
caused it, and the banks fed on it. Honestly, I would have let the banks
fail, or made the stipulation, that any person that held a mortage with
the bank receiving the money, must use the money to re-negotiate the
mortage price owned on the property due to the downturn in the housing
market. Imagine how many home owners could get there home refied at the
price its worth now, and there different owned on mortage forgiven
without credit hit, it's a win for the consumer, and lets others sleep a
hell of a lot better at night, knowing there house isn't under water
anymore, and if they wanted to sell, they could break even, and the bank
wouldn't have to spend anymore money forclosing, and reselling property
at lower balance just to get it off there books.

If they are going to use the rest of the stimulus package, then definite
put that stipulation on it, and enforce it. I know it would help a lot
out, including me.

Edward E. Ziots
Network Engineer
Lifespan Organization
Email: ezi...@lifespan.org
Phone: 401-639-3505
MCSE, MCP+I, ME, CCA, Security +, Network +