I did not see any way to choose the strip and cluster sizes while
creating the array, so they are at the default.  I may be able to see
what the defaults were by running the raid array utility in windows.

From: Brian Hintz [mailto:bhi...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:59 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: HP RAID5 P400 SATA questions

What stripe and cluster sizes are being used?

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Alverson, Tom (Xetron)
<tom.alver...@ngc.com> wrote:

Well I am hoping that someone else on this list may have solved this
problem already.  No such luck yet.  My guess is that adding
memory/battery or changing to a P800 card will help, and I am testing
that guess buy purchasing both (on order, not here yet).

If someone tells me that card XXX will fix all my problems I would
probably order one of those.  I have had good luck with 3ware SATA raid
cards, but I'm not sure I could use them with the HP DL380 internal
drive slots because of the cabling used.

Tom