One of the "A Web Exclusive from FAQ for Windows" [non]questions asked back
on April 17 is: How do I get the advanced Aero features on Windows Server
2008 R2 with the Desktop Experience feature
installed?<#120c546c3fd906e7_q_how_do_i_get_advanced_aero>

My question in response is: Why in all that is holy would you have Aero,
**/of all things/**, installed on your server?  Do you just like the throw
away CPU cycles?  I mean, I can't roll back my eyes any further than this
"question" made me.  It actually hurt.

Yea, go enable that:  Go to the Performance section of the Visual Effects
tab.  There is also a master button there labeled "Enable everything
detrimental to the performance of my server, just so I can make it look cool
when I'm logged in locally". Be sure and press that too.

Has John Savill lost his mind, or did he sell his fine name (or soul) along
with the FAQ?
--
ME2