Might want it if your serving up Terminal Server based desktops

________________________________
From: Micheal Espinola Jr <michealespin...@gmail.com>
To: NT System Admin Issues <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 2:29:20 PM
Subject: OT? Windows IT Pro has blown a gasket

One of the "A Web Exclusive from FAQ for Windows" [non]questions asked back on
April 17 is: How do I get the advanced Aero features on Windows Server 2008 R2
with the Desktop Experience feature installed?

My question in response is: Why in all that is holy would you have Aero, **/of
all things/**, installed on your server?  Do you just like the throw away CPU
cycles?  I mean, I can't roll back my eyes any further than this "question"
made me.  It actually hurt.

Yea, go enable that:  Go to the Performance section of the Visual Effects tab.
There is also a master button there labeled "Enable everything detrimental to
the performance of my server, just so I can make it look cool when I'm logged
in locally". Be sure and press that too.

Has John Savill lost his mind, or did he sell his fine name (or soul) along
with the FAQ?
--
ME2