On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Vicky
Spelshaus<vicky.spelsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Coincidentally it (the LJ4) is the last stable printer HP produced as well.
> I've still got a couple of these in use.  The HP printers purchased since
> then have been replaced.  It's sad what happened to that division.

  A-yup.  I've got an LJ4 at home that I got at least twice-used.  The
page count is over 500K.  At a customer of mine back in '05, they
still had a LaserJet II in service!  The thing was old enough to vote.

  We're lucky to get 3 or 4 years out of current HP products.  And if
they fail during warranty, I've never been able to get HP to honor the
warranty.  Most of the repair parts cost more than 50% of a
replacement unit, so we just scrap 'em.  Filling up landfills with the
remains of disposable printers.  Ugh.  :(

-- Ben