I can tell you if you are using EMC Powerpath, I would recommend if at
all possible moving up to V 5.3 from V5.1 or V5.2 accordingly. From the
Tier 3 Performance team lead I spoke with yesterday who wrote the KB
articles and has been dealing with the various vendors on getting the
MPIO.sys updated to deal with the NPP leak, the following MPIO.sys
should fix the issues seen in 1.21 and 1.22 of the MPIO.sys.

The file is MPIO.sys, and its version is 1.23.3790.2451 and was
distributed by Microsoft, and is apart of the EMC Powerpath V5.3
package.

As for other vendors, you can see what version of the multipathing DLL"s
you are using with Process Explorer, Enable Lower Pane View and pick
DLL's to show, then click on the system process and look at what is
loaded on your system, it should spell it out for you accordingly.

Edward Ziots

Network Engineer

Lifespan Organization

MCSE,MCSA,MCP+I, ME, CCA, Security +, Network +

ezi...@lifespan.org