On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Joseph L.
Casale<jcas...@activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> As a result of working with Fido and a super cheap company, I need a new
> phone “from the list of possible ones” handed to me.
> I need an ssh client and PIX vpn access, the only options I have are a
> Samsung Jack, Blackberry Pearl, or iPhone 3G (not the new one).

There's a couple guys here in my office that use the iPhone to connect
via the built-in Cisco VPN client.  I had them test it with the
vCenter Mobile (VMWare management for mobile devices) and it worked
perfectly.  Some other guys use an ssh client on their iPhones and are
happy with it.

I have a Bold myself, and while it is nice, I can't get the bloody VPN
to work.  On top of that, the VPN profile is tied to a wifi profile,
where the iPhone can do VPN over the 3G network.  So even if it did
work, 90% of the time that I'm away from computer access I wouldn't be
able to use it.  A bit pointless.  I'd worry that the Pearl would be
in the same boat with the Bold on VPN access.

Seth